The Retreats on White Iron Lake
A deluxe resort nestled in a calm bay of White Iron Lake. Choose from 11 modern two- to four-bedroom lakeside or lakeview cabins under towering old-growth cedars and pines. The Retreats has everything for a memorable resort vacation in the North Woods. Only minutes from dining and shopping in downtown Ely.
- A sandy beach with shallow swimming area.
- Magnificent sunsets...free of charge.
- Soaring bald eagles, the rat-a-tat-tat of pilated woodpeckers (the real Woody Woodpecker) and the echoing calls from a family of loons.
- Hiking (we're in the Superior National Forest with dozens of marked trails nearby).
- Great fishing. White Iron is known for abundant walleye, smallmouth, crappie and pike. Resort guide available.
- Boating and water sports on seven miles of connected lakes and rivers.
- Complimentary use of kayaks, paddle boats and canoes. The Boundary Waters is minutes from your dock.
- Rent a motor boat or pontoon or bring your own. Free dock space.
- Warm days and crisp nights. All cabins are heated, some with fireplaces.
- Campfire pits for hotdogs and s'mores.
- Pets are always welcome.